Technical product management
● 15+ years delivering software products utilising the latest cloud technologies.
● Live and breath lean/agile software delivery methods with extensive experience taking products from inception to scale.
● Ability to easily identify opportunities and create solutions across the business landscape.
● Strong analytical approach to solve problems, big and small.
● Industry agnostic, having worked across telecommunications, manufacturing, health, energy and education.
● Able to lead others to optimal outcomes for the business through vision, empowerment and trust.
● Confident in communicating and aligning the business and technology, applying commercial insight to all technology decisions.
● A constant focus on personal growth and keeping abreast of bleeding edge technology.
Apr 2019 – present
Currently building ZΞD, a game that utilises uniquely developed smart contracts on the Ethereum network to enable users to purchase, own, sell, breed and race, statistically unique digital thoroughbreds. www.zed.run
Aug 2018 – present
– Digital Product Delivery
– Agile Product Management
– JIRA / workflow implementation
– Continuous Delivery / Integration
– Product Roadmap / Vision Planning
– Team Culture Health-check
– Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP & Azure)
Oct 2018 – Mar 2019
– Drove implementation and adoption of SCRUM, including restructuring the backend and frontend development teams into multiple cross-functional teams.
– Built processes to collate and curate a customer insights database to drive development with a human-centered design approach.
– Worked with development & customer facing teams across Sydney, NY, and London.
– Managed 5 parallel sprints to deliver to product initiatives with test and learn at the heart of this.
Preventure Pty Ltd
Aug 2017 – Oct 2018
Preventure is Healthtech company in the business of reducing reducing injuries in the workplace. Reporting to the Managing Director (Founder), tasked with turning the business vision into technical reality and setting up the technical foundations of the business for scale & growth.
Joining Preventure, there was no existing software, a greenfield project which required appropriate selection of the relevant technologies, hands-on development of the MVP, formation of the core development team, implementation of agile delivery practices with oversight of the overall technical vision and strategy.
– Implementation of SCRUM agile practices. Acted as both Scrum Master and Product Owner at different points in the delivery timeframe.
– Setup JIRA processes and built out product backlog.
– Prioritisation of workload based on benefit vs. cost analysis.
– Nearly zero infrastructure costs during the development phase due to utilisation of serverless technologies and down to careful selection and extensive research. (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Firebase & MongoDB Atlas)
– Selection and roll-out of all business operation software.
– Recruitment of core development team.
– Creation of initial ETL processes for sensor data ingestion and integration.
– UX/UI oversight of product.
Feb 2017 – Jul 2017
Mojo Power is an innovative energy retailer startup looking to disrupt the energy industry with a unique pricing model and a focus on renewable teamed with distributed energy.
Joining Mojo Power I reported to the CIO, looking after the team which managed the Salesforce, AWS standalone applications, JIRA (for Project Management) and various other software applications. Early into the role I identified several operational process improvements including implementation of Agile Processes using the Scrum methodology with a major restructure of JIRA. This allowed the team to bring more visibility to their workload and better manager their capacity with an improved focus on what should be prioritised for optimal business value gains. Working with the CIO I helped define the overall IT strategy, including identification of team roles for growth and scale of the team.
After a few months in the role, I was tasked with leading the whole Technology team, joining the Executive team to be part of the overall business direction and strategy.
Convey Pty Ltd
Feb 2014 – Jan 2017
For the final 2 years, had the role of Product Owner for a major rebuild of the core billing platform.
Solution oversight for the majority of technical projects within the Mobile Embrace group, providing direction on major technical decisions. Working with external partners and vendors to consult and define the best possible solutions.
Develop enterprise architecture, identifying solutions, opportunities and synergies across the organisation. With utilisation of AWS or any other relevant available cloud infrastructure.
Complete re-build of core platform in AWS.
10+ Telco API integrations.
10+ Partner Product API integrations.
Partner API development.
Android App Development.
Billing Platform enhancements.
Jul 2012 – Feb 2014 (01 year 08 months)
Managing a team of 15+ talented developers, QA and Technical Operational staff locally and overseas.
Technical ownership of all technical projects undertaken by the company, including:
Mobile Publishing Platform
Mobile Services Platform
Mobile Content Delivery
Interactive Messaging System
Mobile Advertising (Rich Media HTML5 Adverts)
Move to AWS cloud infrastructure (Improving scalability and minimising costs)
Real time BI reporting platform
Integration of various DCB (Direct Carrier Billing) platforms
Implementation of offshore development team
Continuous Integration/Deployment Processes
Apr 2011 – Oct 2012
•Mentored and worked closely with members of the team for the most innovative solutions.
•Created new services and platforms, improved legacy frameworks using Zend Framework, Joomla, WordPress, Drupal and HTML5
•Working closely with clients to gather technical requirements and provide feasibility assessments.
•Involved heavily with interviewing and hiring of new technical staff.
Monitoring and enforcing of team wide coding standards and best practices.
Sep 2009 – Apr 2011
Primarily worked as the lead developer on betting website.
Working with Joomla and Zend Framework
Lead developer for many new integrations of 3rd party data feeds.
Graphico New Media Ltd
Jul 2006 – Mar 2009
Jul 2003 – Jun 2006
The University of Sydney Business School
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Business Administration and Management, General
2016 – 2019
The phrase “working on the car while the vehicle is in motion” was created for people like Geoff, who has the ability to see all the moving parts, but be most attentive to those areas that require immediate attention. Geoff is one to ask the tough questions, familiarise himself with what each department was trying to get accomplished, spotted inefficiencies, then outlined a course of action that ultimately helped us all do our jobs more effectively. What’s more, he didn’t drown department in process, which meant we could focus our energies on helping clients. I came away from working with Geoff impressed, realising he’d done something few technology minded people can be credited with: making technology was more of a strategic benefit than a cost center. Geoff is a great guy, easy to be around, fun to work with and always willing to listen. I would recommend him for any business, and he will definitely be an asset.
Nabil SabihContact Center Manager at Ezypay
I had the pleasure of working with Geoff for over 3 years. Geoff is an extremely intelligent Technology Manager with a very unique ability to understand both the complex technological requirements and strategic marketing needs of an organisation. His ability to breakdown complex information and speak the language of both areas of an organisation, is an extremely valuable asset to any company. I witnessed Geoff overhaul our entire company’s technology platform from start to finish to ensure the business continued to meet it’s ambitious revenue targets. Geoff was also a key figure in the setup and launch of our mobile marketing solutions in over 10 territories across our global mobile marketing efforts. In addition, Geoff’s vast knowledge of leading marketing platforms such as Google AdWords and Analytics was key to the growth of the company. Geoff proved to be a very valuable team member, with a great personality and a high drive to succeed. I have no doubt Geoff would thrive and be an excellent addition to some of the best technology teams in the world.