I am a Producer with Agile Project Management and Scrum Master certifications and with experience delivering value driven projects over the last 20 years where success is rated by the client.
I have delivered projects – infrastructure and software development, including digital – in diverse industry sectors such as professional services, telecommunications, insurance & finance, mining, law, health and a Consultancy for a Not-for-Profit, amongst others.
The experiences have provided me the business and management acumen to collaboratively assess with my client, the project objectives to be delivered as agile sprints within an agreed timeframe. I have successfully used my project management expertise to work with companies of various size. I am also looking forward to working with small companies and startups – whilst aware that the individual requirements – business & technical – for every company are unique and so is the outcome.
I like to have initial business conversations with startup owners, key executives in small to medium businesses and their key staff, to understand the company product(s) or services market strategy and their objectives to reach the destination. This gives us a springboard to collectively assess what a roadmap may be to deliver the products or services at issue, ensuring that the pain points and key issues are addressed within agreed workshopped sprints. Accordingly, I curate a small technical team to work with us to take a lean approach to successful delivery, all the while engaging with you the client, so you are aware of the progress each day/week, of issues, solutions, successes toward completion.
I am agnostic as to technologies since these are specific to each project delivered. Technologies to be used are discussed with the technical resources and you as the client so they best serve your requirements and match the agreed outcome.
July 2019 – present
• Project Planning & Scheduling Consultancy
Northgate Public Services
Nov 2018 – April 2019
Sep 2015 – Oct 2018
Sync Software is a Microsoft Gold Partner offering Microsoft PPM & BI consultancy with system integrations to other platforms such as SAP, Oracle. Post production technical support. I provide project management consultancies when required.
ACHIEVEMENTS – various consultancies – September 2015 – November 2015. December 2016 – March 2017; July 2017 – February 2018; June – October 2018.
• Developed Project Plans for various clients including project establishment and, completion of troubled projects within short deadlines when required.
• Managed and implemented Windows 10 & O365 suite with overseas client project teams & onsite Vendor. Multiple systems, data migrations and integrations.
• Strategic digital consultancy for a Not-for-Profit to set up a project for transformation of Finance & HR systems to a Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform – Finance & HR, CRM – with reporting analytics. Value=$3m.
• Led successful cloud implementations (AWS & Azure) & integration to meet scope, schedule & budget.
• Invested in matrix team building to meet project objectives. Fostered trust, decision making, and a growth environment.
March 2018 – May 2018
SYNC SOFTWARE – Project for Commonwealth Bank of Australia. Solution Delivery Manager/Scrum Master. Enterprise Data Warehouse. Finance and Analytics Department. March – May 2018. Phase 1 delivery only.
• Led a Life Insurance inflight complex project, with a small team of new and existing technical resources to deliver Phase1 within short deadlines.
• Agile tools to track, monitor project progress & retrospectives, metrics. Multiple complex legacy systems integrations. Strong adherence to governance principles. Audit of business processes.
• Consultation with Product Owner & Client. Engaged consultatively with multiple delivery teams & partners in Architecture, Applications Testing, Infrastructure, Change & Release Management to support their delivery into the project.
• Weekly PMO governance reports on project scope, budget, risk & issue management, sprint progress & achievements.
. Managed & delivered Phase 1 of a large business focused finance data analytics & reporting system. Value= $1.5m
April 2017 – June 2017
SYNC SOFTWARE – Project for Ministry of Health, NSW Health. Project Manager & Consultant. April – June 2017. Fixed three-month contract – budget related.
• Successfully planned, managed & delivered a strategic digital reporting product – Data Warehouse, Data Vault & functional Data Mart – within scope, budget & timeframe. Onboarded Infrastructure and Data Architects to design, build, configure, test and productionise, a reporting project within 2.5 months. Led resources to compile architectural documentation, a traceability matrix and process flows, system testing of report formats. Developed Change & release plan, promoted user acceptance testing by internal users & selected research groups. Value= $400k.
• Monthly Project reports; Weekly/fortnightly governance meetings.
• Delivered a digital Data Warehouse, Data Vault & functional Data Mart with compliance reporting on time & budget. Tested by end users.
Jun 2016 – Nov 2016
Macquarie Park, Sydney
• Led offshore virtual team & onshore Agile/Scrum teams to develop, build & integrate a bespoke digital CRM on opensource application & Mulesoft integration platform. JIRA the preferred team tool. Project stages value= $1-2.5m each.
• Sprints based on prioritised business scope & justification; Scrum ceremonies & processes, team presentations to client groups; Sprint and project retrospectives.
• Multiple systems integrations with legacy applications. Integrated reporting formats.
• Governance reporting including business case & benefits realisation progress.
• Engagement with Product/Business Owner(s) and business teams on go-to-market strategies.
• Collaboratively worked with Senior IT Managers on an EOI, RFQ, RFT contract with an external vendor to provide a blueprint for completion of the CRM development stages.
• PMO reports on the status, issues, risk mitigation, quality, scope, budget vs business case for benefits realisation. Reviewed by Senior Business Managers.
• Delivery of large sprints with business testing & sprint retrospectives accepted by the business.
Reserve Bank of Australia
Dec 2015 – May 2016
• Activity Based Working: Implemented new products to realise technology & business benefits: Skype for business, Condeco, Polycom video conference Trio 8800, Clickshare, Serraview (SaaS)
• Managed multiple vendor selection (EOI & RFQ), contract initiation and signoff, procurement.
• Managed Solution Architecture, complex DSD IT security reviews, project governance including change processes. Training on use of new technologies.
• Continuous engagement with Business Groups impacted by the impending location change.
• Worked collaboratively with the Facilities team & fit-out vendors
. Approved Communications Plan.
• Initiated the redevelopment framework for a bespoke administrative application, which permitted access to multiple security applications. Teams =10+
• Proactively established a Steering Committee to enable project governance and business value.
• Established Business and Technical Working Groups.
• Managed complex solution architecture, IT security reviews, identity management & application policy reviews.
• Engaged with a Business Analyst to map processes for software redevelopment.
Herbert Smith Freehills
Mar 2014 – Aug 2015
• Project completion end to end within estimated timeframes, cost & scope to meet new global digital ERP infrastructure platform delivery for Australia using hybrid Agile frameworks.
• Led & managed the creation of a new application Test environment for 75+ nominated production applications, to enable successful testing from legacy to the new global ERP platform.
• Met End user test commencement deadline with the onboarding of application vendors
• Fostered continuous improvement processes for software testing including regression testing.
• Collaboratively managed parallel vendor installations to enable development & testing for the global digital Practice Management System (ERP). Multi channel access.
• Planned with the Web Manager, the rebuild and implementation of legacy web applications. Regression testing. Distributed SME matrix teams.
• Managed the upgrade of SharePoint to enable access to multiple dependent web applications.
• Led an enterprise HR Information System upgrade before migration to a new hardware platform.
• Strong interpersonal skills to meet deliverables & milestones. Team collaboration and leadership.
Sep 2013 – Feb 2014
North Ryde, Sydney
ACHIEVEMENTS. Program team = 15 – 20+
• Proactively built business relationships with key senior and mid-level Stakeholders including C-level to finalise a functional strategy for a ‘One desktop’ deployment.
• Worked collegially with the Program Change Manager and business divisions on agreed organisation risk and change strategy. Approved by Senior Leaders.
• Application Pilot prior to deployment to 220+ sites. Reviewed IAM/IDM policy for approval by the Risk Manager.
• Collaboratively developed project plans with teams, maintained online log of Project Risk & Issues, dependencies. Tracked & managed project objectives, scope, risks, budgets and deliverables.
Feb 2013 – Aug 2013
• Project planning for multiple clients – applications and infrastructure.
Jun 2007 – Nov 2012
North Ryde, Sydney
ACHIEVEMENTS – summary
Projects for BHPBMA Coal, Metcoal & BHP Marketing (A$7 – 10m Transformation programs) – concurrent projects.
Managed multiple projects for BHP Associate companies with business & IT change, implementation plans to drive business systems stability and cost efficiency. Integrated ITIL processes.
• Delivered an upgrade of Oracle Exadata Database machine (Unix) SOA platform. Drove vendor deliverables to completion.
• Global Learning Management System to drive supplier business knowledge of group companies. Project lifecycle = 12 months. Team=15-25. $2.5m
• Open Text upgrade & implementation to 8 remote mine sites to enable harmonization of document management. Team = 15. Value= $2m
• Data replication for remote mine sites to Brisbane Data centre – Wintel, linux, Unix platforms.
Projects for Allianz. Senior Project Manager – concurrent projects – 6 months
• Portfolio Management with Client Account Delivery Team – 4 months
• Proactive in managing Enterprise SAP Module testing including FICO, HR/HCM, Sales & Project Systems for the business Application Manager.
• Reduced the cost of management & maintenance of network & voice telephony by 40%.
• Reported weekly to client sponsors & fortnightly to the client Business Manager on project governance and achievements.
CSC Internal projects. Concurrent projects
Global SAP HR implementation end to end – value $2m | SAP Procure to pay – $1.5m| Enterprise Data Warehouse software upgrades, BI Reporting & Data Analytics application upgrades over 2 years: Cognos & Business Objects $1.5m | Implementation of Data Marts for selected clients| Master Data management & governance principles reviewed with the business teams | Collaboratively led management of business and distributed teams – onshore and offshore | ITIL processes|
NSW Health. Ministry of Health
Short fixed term project. Successfully planned, managed & delivered a digital reporting – Data Warehouse, Data Vault & functional Data Mart – within scope, budget & timeframe. On-boarded Infrastructure and Data Architects to design, build, configure, test and release a reporting product with an end user interface by June 30. Tested by end users from research institutions including the Ministry. Large data sets migrated to enable new reporting. Continuous integration. Value= $400k.
University of Technology, Sydney
Master of Science in Computing
| IT Management | Systems Integration | business process re-engineering advanced project management
1999 – 2005
Master of Business In Information Technology
1993 – 1994
Gerry has an eye for detail as a Project Manager not only she manages the projects with others she also takes a hands-on approach to ensure the end to end process is completed accurately and satisfactory for the customer before signing off on any project. I recommend Gerry as a Senior Project Manager to all Industries.
Sharon CobbProgram Coordinator at Optus
Gerry is an extremely compentent Project Manager. For a couple of projects that required complex server comissioning and network security implementations I asked for Gerry by name to be assigned to my projects. I think one of Gerry’s key skills is the ability to manage several LoS across a project, where she needed to coordinate server build, network, security, application and storage teams to execute planned outages in small windows with minimal impact to business critical systems. I’d work with Gerry again any time.